- 2 Rooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 130 m2
- Year Built: 1900
HISTORICAL CENTER – In one of the most charming and elegant streets of the Historical Center, near Piazza della Moretta and Piazza Farnese, more precisely in Via di Monserrato, Inside a building without a lift we offer a penthouse of great charm of 130 square meters in total.
The property is on two levels. On the first level we find: entrance hall, main room with beautiful vaulted windows and beautiful fireplace from which you can admire a priceless and imposing view of Piazza della Moretta. Continuing, we find dining room with kitchen embellished with a glass loft with custom bookcase, master bedroom with built-in wardrobe and bathroom with shower. Through the comfortable glass and steel staircase we access the second level where we find bedrooms for guests, bathroom with bathtub and bright terrace overlooking with panoramic views of the Janiculum and the Capitoline roofs.
Essential characteristic of this property is the connection between the contemporary furniture and the characteristic charm of the period architecture (coffered ceiling with exposed wooden beams, large and majestic windows made to measure by famous craftsman, solid wood doors and refined parquet), which give us an atmosphere of charm and elegance, embellished by the dominant position given by the place where it is located. Referenced only; not available for accommodation. Transitional contract (12/18 months).
The asking price is € 4,000.00 – Real estate consultant: Isabella Cupioli RIF114BH22 Tel 06.96006341
Via di Monserrato, one of the most elegant and interesting streets of Rome, connects Piazza Farnese to Piazza della Moretta and owes its name to the church of S. Maria in Monserrato that stands here. The road has something austere; it was in the past known as “Corte Savella”, the prison guarded by the Savelli family; to maintain it, they could count on rich income: Court fees, sums paid by solvent inmates, and other arbitrary taxes like those on harlots. The most famous prisoner was Beatrice Cenci and her stepmother Lucrezia brought to the gallows on 11.09.1599. Once the Prisons were moved, the building was bought by the English College, where it still has its seat. From the 1500s the road turned into an elegant and quiet street; houses for cardinals, noble families and beautiful courtesans began to be built. The stately appearance preserved it even in the following centuries, It was chosen as the place of residence of the family of Cardinal Antonelli, Secretary of State of Pius IX. Another pearl of the street is the church of San Girolamo della Carità, linked to the memory of San Filippo Neri, who lived there for many years.