- 3 Rooms
- 2 Bathrooms
- 140 m2
- Year Built: 1900
MONTEVERDE VECCHIO – In the immediate vicinity of Via Alessandro Poerio we offer rare opportunities in a period cottage dating back to the early ‘900.
The apartment has two entrances and is on two levels and is composed as follows: first level with large living room, kitchen, a double bedroom and bathroom with shower. Through a wooden staircase we access the further level where we find, a large hallway, two double bedrooms and bathroom with window with bath.
Peculiarity of the property is certainly the exclusivity of the context, the great brightness and the structure of the house; it is in excellent condition thanks to the careful renovation of all environments; we find parquet flooring, double glazed aluminum fixtures and air conditioning. Equipped with all the living comforts that start from the internal state to the size of the spaces, connected to each other in a harmonious way, the property in question enjoys an extreme privacy given by the place where it is located and a quiet view. The property has double access from both Via Pindemonte and Via Lorenzo Valla; From Via Lorenzo Valla access to the cottage is driveway with the possibility of parking.
The asking price is € 850.000,00 – Real estate consultant: Daniele Battisti RIF51BH23 Tel 06.96006341
The neighborhood is rich in historical testimonies, being close to the ancient city, because here stood the Orti di Cesare, numerous pagan places of worship and some Jewish and Christian catacombs, including those of Ponziano and San Pancrazio, below the basilica of the same name. In ancient times it was crossed by the current Via di Monteverde, which was a diverticulum of the Via Portuense, and whose initial stretch is now identifiable in the Via Parini, and by the Via Vitellia that connected the Janiculum with the Tyrrhenian coast. In the seventeenth century, the merger of several vineyards was made to the north of the district the villa Doria Pamphilj, today the largest public park in Rome, inside which stands the Casino designed by Alessandro Algardi and which was expropriated and then opened to the public in 1972. The area of the villa, together with the Vascello and Porta San Pancrazio, was the scene in 1849 of bloody battles for the defense of the Roman Republic. On the basis of the 1909 town plan, in the area closest to the Walls, the first urban expansion of Monteverde Vecchio (via Carini and piazza Rosolino Pilo) occurred at the beginning of the twentieth century, characterized by stately houses with gardens, included in the current urban plan in the “historic city”. The construction then continued during the Fascism with the popular houses (nicknamed “the skyscrapers”) in the valley of Via di Donna Olimpia (once occupied by the ditch of Tiradiavoli up to the White Bridge, railway structure of the twenties), with the Littorio hospital, today San Camillo, and with the buildings on the other relief of Monteverde Nuovo, focused on Piazza San Giovanni di Dio. Only after World War II did the construction of the Colli Portuensi begin, coinciding with the opening of the homonymous road as part of the Via Olimpica.