- 2 Rooms
- 1 Bathrooms
- 80 m2
- Year Built: 1700
- Condominium fees: €120
AD. PIAZZA DEL PARLAMENTO – In one of the most exclusive and sought-after contexts, in the immediate vicinity of Piazza del Parlamento and Piazza San Lorenzo in Lucina, inside a period building equipped with a lift, we offer for sale bright apartment of 80 sqm located on the third floor.
Composed of: two entrances, living room, kitchen, two bedrooms and bathroom with window.
Thanks to the double outdoor exposure and numerous windows, the property enjoys a high brightness. All rooms are characterized by beautiful coffered ceilings decorated with inlays in brass and ancient wooden beams, floor with the original cement, elements that give the property the typical flavor of the houses of ancient Rome. This property of particular charm is the ideal home for those who want to live in the heart of the historic center of Rome, in the elegance and fullness of all comforts.
The asking price is € 1.000.000,00 – Real estate consultant: Isabella Cupioli RIF6BH23 Tel 06.96006341
Piazza del Parlamento takes its name from the rear facade of Palazzo Montecitorio, seat of the Chamber of Deputies and Parliament. The area now occupied by the square includes what previously belonged to two distinct squares: the area overlooking the parliamentary palace was dedicated to Gabriele D’Annunzio, while the one towards Via di Campo Marzio was called “largo dell’Impresa”It was named after the Lotto company that was based in the demolished Palazzo Conti in Via dell’Impresa. At the beginning of the twentieth century it was necessary to expand the seat of the Parliament and equip it with a hall suitable for parliamentary sessions: the enlargement work was entrusted to the architect from Palermo Ernesto Basile, leading exponent of the Italian Art Nouveau season, which executed a new building behind the original. In fact, Basile kept only the front part of the Bernini palace, the one on Piazza di Montecitorio, reducing the courtyard, demolishing the wings and the back and raising, on the Piazza del Parlamento, the new factory body characterized by four corner towers covered with red brick and travertine. It was within this block that Basile placed the Chamber of Parliamentary Sittings. The building has a large staircase and two allegorical marble statues, by Domenico Trentacoste. At the corner of the square with Via di Campo Marzio there is an important building, built in 1748 for the Augustinians of S.Maria del Popolo demolishing ancient structures. Its importance derives from the fact that, during the excavation work for the foundations of the new building, came to light the obelisk-gnomon of Augustus, the one now located on the square of Montecitorio.